By default, the program uses “Created with Timeline Maker Pro v3. Produced on [today’s date].” You can modify the text, or choose to remove the footer completely from your timeline chart. The footer bar can be resized and moved to any position along the bottom of the chart. You can also customize the font, shape, fill, outline and effects. For detailed instructions on customizing the footer, see also: Customizing the Footer.
To turn the footer on or off:
- While viewing your timeline chart, click the Chart tab.
- In the Chart group, click Footer. A checkmark in the checkbox indicates that footer will be included on the chart.
To modify footer text:
- Double-click on the footer.
- Edit the text as desired.
- Press Enter or click anywhere on the timeline chart to accept the changes.
Tip: Enter @TODAY in the footer to always include the current date.
Note: To change the default footer text, select File > Options > Chart and enter the new default text in the footer text box.
To resize the footer:
- Click on the footer in your timeline chart, then click on a black square located on one of the corners.
- While holding the left mouse button, drag toward or away from the footer until you achieve the desired size.
Tip: Text within the footer will automatically reposition itself when you adjust the footer size.
To move the footer:
- Click on the footer. While holding the left mouse button, drag the footer to the desired position along the bottom of the timeline chart.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.