With Timeline Maker Pro, you can create your own customized themes, delete themes, or import themes created previously or by others.
In this article
Creating custom themes
As you work on customizing your timeline charts to suit your needs and preferences, you may decide that you would like to save your style changes as a customized theme. Tip: When you create a theme it is saved as a *.thm4 file and is stored in the Themes folder under My Timelines.
To create a customized theme:
- Select the Themes tab.
- Click the Create button
- Select the timeline charts that include the styles you wish to save by clicking the checkbox. A checkmark indicates that styles for that timeline chart will be saved in your customized theme and applied to timeline charts of the same type when the theme is selected. Tip: Scroll through your chart list by using the arrows displayed on the left and right side of each chart image.
- Enter a name for your new theme, then click OK.
Tip: You may only select one chart of each type to include in your customized theme. If more than one chart of the same type is selected, the program will prompt you to choose which chart you wish to use for the theme settings.
Your theme will now appear in the list of themes in the Themes List for use in subsequent timeline charts.
_Note: When you save a theme with custom category names and colors, the category names and their associated colors are saved with the theme. This means that the colors you have chosen for specific category names will be used if you apply the same theme to a new timeline chart with the same category names, even if you are using a separate file. For more information on saving themes, see Creating, Importing and Deleting Themes
To import a theme:
- In the Themes tab, click the Add Theme button.
- Browse to and select the theme file (thm4, thm3 or thm) you wish to import. Click the Open button.
The theme will now appear in the Themes List, ready for use.
Tip: You can also import custom themes from the Timeline Maker Pro website. To do so, select Themes > Theme > Add Theme > Get More Online.
Note: When importing a theme file from previous versions of Timeline Maker (*.thm) some version three features will not be recognized.
To delete a theme:
- In the Themes tab, Theme group, click the Remove Theme button
- Select the desired theme .
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.
Tip: If you delete a predefined theme included with Timeline Maker Pro, you can download it again by selecting Themes > Theme > Add Theme > Get More Online.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.