For some events you may wish to add an attachment to show additional information. When a file is attached to an event, a paperclip will appear next to it in the Timeline Data tab, and an icon corresponding to the document type will appear in your timeline charts.
- In the Timeline Data tab, or on any timeline chart except the Chronology, right-click on the event and select* Attachments*.
On the Insert tab, in the File group, select Link.
- In the Attachments dialog box, select Add.
- If desired, enter a nickname for your file in the Nickname field. If no name is entered, the file name and path will be shown when accessing the file.
- Select the Browse button and browse to and select the file of your choice.
- Under Type, click the down arrow and select the document type of your attachment. This will determine the icon displayed on your timeline chart.
- Click OK.
Tip: Once a file is attached to an event, you can view it by hovering over the icon, then clicking the file pop-up. Files can also be viewed in the Attachments dialog box by selecting the desired file and clicking the View button.
Note: If you do not see the icon for attachments beside events in your timeline charts, you probably have the option turned off. To view the icons in your charts, select the Chart tab and in the Chart group, click Attachments. A checkmark indicates the icons will be shown.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.