We’ve taken creating charts to a whole new level! Posted by: Bob Thomas Category: Product News
Much more than an ordinary update or an incremental improvement, Timeline Maker Pro has raised the bar for what a timeline creation tool can do. How did we make the best product of its kind even better?
Using our customer’s wish list as a roadmap our developers made Timeline Maker Pro more powerful and even easier to use with features like:
What’s New in Timeline Maker v3.0
- Completely redesigned user interface with MS Office style ribbon bars making it easier to find the tools and program features you need to create and customize your charts.
- New browser style tabs (one for each chart) making it easier to switch between charts in your timeline file.
- New Import Wizard that allows you to accurately “map” each field in your source file to specific columns in your timeline data. You can even save a particular map for reuse if you regularly import from the same data set.
- New GANTT style project chart to better represent project schedules.
- New “milestone” shapes for your Gantt charts. Milestones are events/tasks that have only a start date and no end date i.e. a single point in time.
- New “today bar” that can be turned on or off for bar and gantt charts. Important for project planners, the today bar shows you exactly where you are in the schedule. The today bar can also be colored to fit with your chart theme.
- Data entry has been simplified with date and time now combined into a single column simply called “Start” or “End”. Plus, you can enter a duration in any unit of time and the end date will be calculated for you.
- You can also rename any data field and add an unlimited number of user defined columns for data entry, any of which can be featured on your chart, including the chronology.
- New business timescales allow you to choose between years, quarters, months, weeks, days, minutes and seconds, in addition to the standard “auto-date”.
- New “relative” date/time display options for both the start and end dates as well as the timescale. This is important if you don’t know exactly when a project will start or you simply want to show what is going on in the “second quarter”, for example.
- Set of 12 new chart themes with wider variety of modern color palettes and fonts. If you are upgrading, these new themes will be added to your current list – you won’t lose existing themes.
- Improved auto-arrange function with easy access “Arrange” button on the home panel makes even better looking charts from the start, especially with new auto-layout algorithms for the flag chart.
- New auto-break function inserts breaks in the timescale where appropriate, effectively collapsing or compressing a very long timeline.
- The print function has been changed to output to PDF where you can choose any size paper, fit chart to one page and preview your chart before printing.
The new version is available to download now. For new users, you can try Timeline Maker Pro v3.0 free for 7 days here.
The upgrade is available for FREE for existing subscribers to the Timeline Maker Premium Support Program. All other Timeline Maker Professional licensed users can purchase the upgrade for a reduced price. All eligible users should receive an email with details on purchasing the upgrade, but if you have any questions or didn’t receive an email, don’t hesitate to contact us.